Jan 15, 2016
IGN's Nintendo show returns! Join host Jose Otero,
Schnieder, and Brian Altano for a fun episode, as the crew
IGN’s Best of 2015 Awards
Splatoon won best shooter and best competitive
Super Mario Maker won Best Wii U game
Zelda: Tri Force Heroes won Best 3DS game
Why Splatoon Should’ve Been IGN’s Wii U Game of the
If NX is a 2016 Product, Nintendo Needs to Start
Talking About It Now
2016 could be a big year for...
- Zelda (30th Anniversary)
- Nintendo has three Zelda-related projects on the books. Hyrule
Warriors Legends, Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, Zelda Wii U
- First two new details dropped yesterday (max rupees count is
higher and less tears to collect) based on Famitsu’s four pages of
- Amazon France claims Zelda; Twilight Princess HD will have the
- Hero Mode (duh)
- Wii U GamePad will be used to manage the player’s inventory in
- Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Sheik amiibo, when activated,
replenish hearts or arrows
- Wolf Link amiibo is set to unlock a new dungeon, which loosely
translates as “The Cave of Twilight.” **This could be big**
Reminder: This amiibo is tied to new Zelda.
- Metroid (30th Anniversary)
- This week, Metroid Zero Mission is finally released on VC.
- Question from Erik Osborne: "Even though I’ve been a big
Nintendo fan for a long time, I've oddly never played a Metroid
game outside of a few minutes here and there. I've been thinking of
playing through the series due to there not being a lot of games.
Would you recommend playing it in order of release, or
chronological order story-wise? Thanks, love the podcast."
- Will Metroid Prime: Federation Force return?
- Will Samus return in 2016?
- Pokemon (20th Anniversary)
- Japan is getting Four Poke-themed 2DS bundles
- US and EUR are getting special New 3DS and 2DS bundles